57 Miles (91 km)
THE BEACON ROULEUR 2015
DATE OF EVENT MAY 2015
THIS EVENT OPENS ON THE 1ST DECEMBER 2014
A Rouleur in cycling terms is a rider that is a consistent all rounder, who can ride well over most terrians. The Beacon Rouleur is a cyclosportive route that suits such a rider. Tough large climbs in the beginning like Ditchling Beacon and the Bear Road in Brighton and faster flat sections later on make up the Beacon Rouleur cyclosportive route.
A famous climb in the area Ditchling Beacon arrives early on all three of the routes of the Beacon Rouleur. Just 5 miles from the start riders find themselves climbing the famous Ditchling Beacon. With fresh legs this is achieveable for most, albeit at various speeds. The climb is 0.9 miles long and climbs 565 ft. It has an average gradient of 9.3% with a maximum gradient of 24.9%.
Just to put thiis in to context Stuart Dangerfield of the Leo Road Club set the record for the fastest time up the Beacon in the National Hill Climb in 1995, with a time of 3 min 45 secs. Estimated average power for this rider was 487 watts. All riders on the Beacon Rouleur are advised to take it as easy as possible. There is a long way to go after the Beacon.
Continental inner tube for all riders taking part
On the day of the event each rider will receive a FREE Continental Race 28 700c inner tube which retails for £5.99.
BURGESS HILL START AND FINISH
The HQ for this event is at the Cyprus Hall in the centre of Burgess Hill. There is plenty of free parking near the hall. Free food and drink after the ride is available.
2016 FURTHER DETAILS
- Fast Signing on in the morning.
- Choice of 3 routes, riders can change route they do on the day if they like.
- All routes comprehensively marked with arrows
- Map and emergency number available to riders when signing on.
- Four Feed Stations for the Classic Route 93 miles continental inner tube
- All feed stations have toilets
- All feed stations have free energy food for riders
- All feed stations have free savory foods for riders
- All feed stations have SIS energy drink for riders
- Mechanics available on route
- All riders are electronically timed and Gold, Silver, or Bronze standards are awarded.
- All riders are awarded certificates for their rides which are downlodable from SI Entries
- Free Continental inner tube for all riders Free snack meal to enjoy along with cycling films after the ride. Massage available from Hazel Crowley Sport therapist associates HCSTA £6 a session.
- Broom wagon available
- Reduced entry to other events SRS Events organise when you enter on-line
THE ROUTES :-
The Classic Route
The longest route at 93 miles should only be attempted by those that have the miles in their legs to conqure this ride, for more details Click Here
The Challenge Route
This Challenge route at 74 miles is still a tough route & needs a good base of fitness to enjoy. Or it's to be used for suffering and getting fitter ! Click Here
The Tour Route
The Tour route is the route to choose if you are not ready for the longer distances just yet. Luckily with the Beacon Rouleur you will know that you have got the really hard bits out of the way first :-) Click Here